History: The Deparment of mathematics as part of the Inter Arts Course started along with the inception of Jai Hind college in the year 1948-1949.Prof. Balwani who was a founder member and Vice Principal was the first HOD.
Mathematics at the TY level was revived in the year 1996. Some of the highlights since 1996 are:
- Two-day Intercollegiate "Math Fest"
- Ms. Nausheen Khan ranked first at the TYBSc university examination in the year 2000
- Mr. Samit Malkani was on the editorial committee of the college magazine,part of the team which won the "Malhar" trophy for two years in succession and won the principal's prize for the best student of the year.
- Star Performers: Dolly Ruwathia, Mamta Jain, Vishaka Walia figured in all important Merit/Scolarship Lists
- Introduction of Value added Courses since 2006
Publications Dr L. Ganesan
Strongly Discrete Modules Comm. In Algebra;2006
Two papers “UCC modules” & “Strongly Discrete modules” incorporated in the book titled Lifting modules in the series Frontiers in Mathematics edited by Wisbaur R., Clark J etal & published by Birkhauser International
Dr. L. Ganesan along with Principal Dr. Narain edited the research journal "Different Strokes" published by the Teachers' Academic Forum of the college.
Presentation of papers : Prof. S.T. Kulkarni
“Envelope Model: Data Exccess from any where” Conference by IPSI - Montengro, September 24-29, 2005
Sushil Kulkarni, Dr. M.A. Sangalikar: “ Spatio-Temporal Schema Model And Carrier and Courier mobile query processor for Spatio-Temporal database “ Urban Planning and Environment: Strategies and Challenges International Conference , Elphinstone College, Mumbai, pg.116-117, January 30th & 31st, 2007
Sushil Kulkarni, Dr. M.A. Sangalikar: Envelope Transaction Mobile Model; Informatics2007, Kulalompur, Malaysia. 26, 27 Nov 2007.